We're pleased to share several new features and improvements to ProTools this winter. Take a look and let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.
1. View new statistics and customize graphs in Dashboard.
You can now view two new statistics in the dashboard: transcript requests and completed career assessments. Customize your graphs by choosing up to four of the six statistics to view at a time, and the graphs will show real-time data without toggling. The dashboard allows you to review up-to-date data aiding in planning needs for student groups, classes, and school-wide initiatives.
2. Add or Remove individuals from created groups to customize career reports.
The table in Students and Groups > Student Finder allows you to form groups within the school's student body. Student grouping allows you to customize groups for reports based on the counselor's needs. Counselors can continue to form groups based on graduation class, race, age, and/or gender.
The table in Students and Groups > Student Finder now allows you to create aggregated data by adding or removing individual students to and from saved groups. Grouping students lets you learn more about the school population, separated by chosen demographics. Saved groups are stored and located in each Career Report > Student Finder.
3. Access two new career reports: Intelligence and Skills.
Reports for Intelligence and Skills can now be found in the Career Reports section of ProTools. Your students can find these assessments on CFNC.org in Plan for a Career.
4. School-level Administration features are now active.
The School-level Administration features are now active. Administration features include the ability to manage professional users and set permissions. Find details about these roles, responsibilities, and features in the View Accounts article.
5. Easily view your organization's ProTools administrators.
Once you are logged into ProTools, you can now view your school- and district-level ProTools administrators on the upper left of your screen. These are helpful contacts to know when you and your colleagues need to request permissions changes or add new users to view ProTools data for your organization.
One helpful feature of ProTools is the ability for schools and organizations to offer granular permissions to features for their ProTools users. This means that not all ProTools users have access to all features since permissions are controlled at the Administrator level for each organizational unit (such as a school, college, district, or organization).
Here are the three roles within ProTools:
- ProTools User- able to access ProTools and use features based on the permissions granted by an Administrator.
- School-level Administrator- able to add and remove access and permissions for school-level ProTools Users, except for Finish the FAFSA access.
- District-level Administrator- able to add and remove access and permissions for school-level Administrators and school-level ProTools Users, except for Finish the FAFSA access.
We're pleased to share a number of new features and improvements to ProTools this summer. Take a look and let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.
1. View student email addresses more easily.
The table in Students and Groups > Student Finder has a new column that lets you easily find the email address that a student is using for their CFNC.org account. This allows you to better assist your students in recovering an account password or finding important correspondence. Graduating seniors will soon be losing access to the email address issued by their high school, so you can see who needs to update their CFNC account to a personal email address they can use after graduation.
2. Use the new Student Details panel to find information faster.
The table in Students and Groups > Student Finder now allows you to click on a username and see the new Student Details panel. Student Details lets you quickly learn more about the student by showing data in these additional fields: RDS Complete, Secondary Connections (other schools or programs to which the student is connected in addition to your school), In-Progress Applications, Completed Applications, Transcript Requests, Completed Transcripts, and Completed Assessments.
3. Professionals at Youth-Serving organizations and Career Centers are now eligible for ProTools access.
ProTools launched in November 2021 with access for professionals at public and private PK-12 schools. Since then we've added access for two-year, four-year, public and independent colleges. This release of ProTools adds the ability for professionals at Youth-Serving organizations and Career Centers (NC Commerce) to have access. Please submit a request in ProTools Help to get started.
4. Access two new career reports: Personality and Learning & Productivity.
Reports for the Personality (formerly Do What You Are) and Learning & Productivity (formerly Learning Styles Inventory) assessments have been moved from Professional Center to the Career Reports section of ProTools. Your students can find these assessments on CFNC.org in Plan for a Career > Learn About Yourself.
5. District-level Administration features are now active.
The district-level Administration features originally scheduled for November 2021 are now active. Administration features include the ability to manage professional users and set permissions. Find details about these roles, responsibilities, and features in the View Accounts article.
6. View data for students who have your school/organization as a secondary connection.
Students can choose to have one primary and multiple secondary connections, and can edit them at any time by logging in to CFNC.org and going to My Dashboard > My Profile > School Connections. Their choice of connections enables different professionals to view their information. The initial release of ProTools in November 2021 allowed you to view data for students who have your school/organization as their primary connection, and the July 2022 release allows you to also view data for students who have your school/organization as a secondary connection.
Sample use cases:
- A student might choose to have their high school as their primary connection and an after-school program as a secondary connection.
- A middle school might recommend that 8th graders make their upcoming high school a secondary connection so that educators there can learn about the incoming 9th graders. Once students transition, they should make the high school their primary connection.
The all-new CFNC Professional Tools has been built using modern technology that provides a more user-friendly interface coordinated with last fall’s updates to CFNC.org. This new technology offers a foundation for future enhancements, allowing future phases of ProTools to continue to evolve to meet your career and college planning program needs.
New user management functionality eliminates the need for PAAK codes and allows users to access ProTools via their CFNC.org account. ProTools also provides new features for school and district-level administrators to view data, manage users, and control permissions.
What hasn't changed? You can still:
- Track applications for admission and electronic high school transcripts sent through CFNC
- Check to see if your students have completed the North Carolina Residency Determination Service
- Assist students in completing the FAFSA by accessing data from the US Department of Education about your students’ submission status and possible errors (for authorized users only)
- Find students, create groups, identify duplicate accounts, and assist students in resetting their CFNC.org passwords
- Create bulk CFNC.org accounts on behalf of your students